Saturday 10 October 2015

all i want's a friend


Lazy Oaf have yet again created a collection of pure joy...










I've noticed this year that there's a bit of a trend for fashionable Halloween outfits. Gone are the days of fake blood, plastic teeth, and binbags, and the high street has welcomed cat ears, novelty tights, bodycon dresses, and slogan tees with witchy vibes.

As I'm a bit of a homebody, I have no need for anything Halloween-related, except for nail art. Until Lazy Oaf x Casper came up as I was lazily scrolling through Instagram. That was the moment I realised I actually did need a spooky item of clothing that could work in my wardrobe all through autumn and winter.

The collection is made up of a gloomy monochrome palette, featuring soft textures and Lazy Oaf's classic oversized shapes. I allowed myself to pick just one thing - and instantly knew it had to be this jumper dress. Complete with pockets, super cute frilly shoulders, and a chenille Casper, it spoke to my novelty-loving soul.

I decided to challenge myself and go full monochrome with this outfit; something I have never ever worn before! The tights and bag were a no-brainer, and I added what I think of as my 'witch boots' as a nod to all things spooky. I LOVE that the jumper is boxy and oversized, but is softened with the frills. Plus, IT'S CASPER. Casper, people! What more could you want?!

What are you dressing up as this Halloween?


5 comments:

  1. Ahhh I just got this jumper and was literally just thinking of styling it up with black and white tights too (with much less cooler shoes I must admit), do great minds think alike or what? Hehe you look amazing as ever, love your hair! I'm not dressing up as anything particular for halloween but spooky touches all month round are perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, great minds do think alike! Can't wait to see you rock this dress!

      Thanks about the hair - it was a happy accident. I am SO BAD at doing hair.

      xx

      Delete